Friday, January 1, 2010

Jan 1st. Day 1 of losing this weight!

Today was my first day for losing this weight and winning the $600 bucks come next Christmas.

I did good. I ate pretty good, I think... and walked around my neighborhood. I tracked how far I walked on walkrunjog.net, and it was .7 miles. I really thought it would be a whole mile. :( I think I'll go back out there and do some more. It's chilly and been raining all day... downright STORMY earlier. But only drizzling rain now. Yes, I'm going back out... I really want this first day to be at least 1 mile. :) Day one down. 364 to go. Well, actually less, since the contest (which it my motivation this time!) ends when my bro comes up next Christmastime. But for sake of counting, I'll say 364.

I was asked is we already paid in the money. Yes, we did! It's all being held by my mother, along with our beginning weights written down and the rules. I was also asked why this contest is more of a motivation for me than the previous one. WELL... I guess because it seems like a lot of money... and I don't want to just hand that prize over to my brother or sister, just because i couldn't do what I should already be doing. I can't stand the thought of throwing away my own $200. I think the competition is a great motivation! I'm excited about it all!

WALKED ANOTER .44 MILES. TOTAL : 1.14 MILES TODAY! woO hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Good Work! Did you get back out to finish the mile? I'm glad the contest is good motivation! I wish I could find something to keep me motivated...

    Well done!! I'm gonna keep reading because I wanna know if you get the $600... You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jenny! Thanks for answering my questions...I'm always a curious cat!! Good luck. (and I would rather be tortured than give my brother $20, never mind $200!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this Jenny!! And yes, that is a lot of money!! you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete