Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

ETA: Also, it's 11 pm, but I just finished walking for 25 minutes on the tread mill. I'm pleased. Yay! Every little bit counts, right?

First the Ugly: I had too many biscuits with dinner last night and then later had potato chips with ranch dip.

The Bad: I only walked .6 of a mile yesterday ... stopped because I felt guilty leaving the kids and putting off fixing dinner to walk. I'm also having trouble figuring out the food part for myself.

The GOOD: I just did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video and I almost died, but I got through it!! I wanted to quit a hundred times, but I would just pause, catch my dying breaths, and continue. Yay for me. I can't believe how hard it is!! I'm sure it will be awhile before I can do jumping jacks like that!

I'm also considering joining a gym! It's about 8 miles, or 14 minutes away... do you think that's too far? My husband and I hate driving far to things... we just always have. I KNOW it's not really THAT far... but how far do you all travel for your gym? Thank so much!

3 comments:

  1. Ok...you have to not feel guilty about taking time for yourself. You will be able to better care of your children if you care for their mom.

    I don't like driving far either. My gym is only 2 miles. You don't have to go to a gym to exercise, but sometimes it makes it easier.

    Good job on the Jillian workout. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the shred for a day then my knee started hurting...not sure if it was the butt kicks or the jacks. I drive about 8-9 minutes..I guess about 4 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had about the same commute to my gym. I hated wasting the time getting there and back. I was faithful in going every day last winter. Then, when it warmed up, I started jogging - I could just walk out the door and was ready to go. I just joined another gym though - for the winter - and it's not even a mile from my house. It's heaven - although, I'll admit - I've only been twice in a month. Boo. I guess it just goes to show that if you're not REALLY committed, it doesn't matter how close or far your gym is.

    ReplyDelete