I did it. My calves are burning. I almost feel dizzy. But I did it! Yay! I KNOW that 1.13 miles is nothing to most people... but to my sedentary butt, it was a lot!
Yesterday was my husband's birthday, so we had some pizza yesterday.... so I'm disappointed about that... but I'm proud of myself for getting back on track today!
I've also made a decision about 2010... and in my circles of people, it's a somewhat controversial one! I'm going to put myself first in 2010!! I know, doesn't sound like a big decision... but it IS. I have 5 children. I am a homemaker. We choose to homeschool. I make mostly homemade meals. I'm a busy lady. I do photography on the side. My life is all about serving others and putting their needs before my own. But I'm not going to do that this year... I'm going to put me first. Don't be alarmed - no children are going to go unfed, or school left undone. Just... I'm going to have ME as a major focus of 2010, so that in future years, I may serve my family better. I hope that makes sense and doesn't sound as incredibly selfish to you and it does to my ears. LOL
FOOD for Today:
Brunch - Whole Wheat French Toast w/syrup, 2 pieces (not the best choice, I know)
Lunch/Dinner - 1 baked chicken breast, cottage cheese with pineapple, large glass of chocolate protein shake with 1 cup frozen blueberries added.
FEELING stuffed now! So glad. Don't want to feel hungry while doing this.
you go girl.....i'm putting myself first for a change, too. wonder how guilty we'll feel??? let's do this together and lose a lot of weight this year!!
ReplyDeleteMoms have a hard time putting ourselves first don't we? I'm trying to do that more too! Great first few days of 2010!
ReplyDeletegood for you!! there is nothing wrong with putting yourself first. Your family will benefit in the end when their wife/mom is healthy. I made that promise to myself in Jan 09 and it was the first resolution I ever kept... You are to be commended.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite quote that I would like to share...it has helped me to lose 66 lbs so far.
"Some people dream of success, others wake up every morning and work at it"...
keep up the good work!!!
I just read your resolutions. "No dessert"??...there are some wonderful low-fat/low calorie desserts. Jell-o makes awesome sugar free jell-o and pudding with a dollop of sugar free/fat free cool whip. They are my salvation sometimes! Don't deny yourself a 'healthy' treat once in a while...
ReplyDelete