Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Rocked it At the Gym Last Night...

Joined a gym 4 days ago.

Day 1 on the eliptical on "weight loss mode" I was just trying to survive it. I did. Barely.

Day 2 on the eliptical I felt tired, weak and struggled through the exercises. Still did 26 minutes on the eliptical and then 12 on the treadmill.

Day 3 (yesterday), I totally rocked it! I was so awesome. I have never had an experience like that in my life! The first three minutes were torture, but after that something happened and I felt energized and really pushed myself. I have never been more proud of MYSELF than when I left that gym last night. *SIGH*... loved it.

It could have had something to do with these little black boxes they have at my gym. Now, excuse my ignorance... I'm new to this whole gym thing.... but I noticed the first two times I went there... that each machine had these little black boxes on them with numbers on them. The first day I dismissed it and thought, whatever... I'm dying right now that that's all that matters. The second day I really started to check out that little box that was zip tied to my machine... and I realized.... that I THINK it was for SOUND for the awesome TVs that they have. I decided to bring headphones the next day and try that theory out. It was!! HOW awesome is that?! I was worried about finding songs for my ipod.... but now I can watch TV while there and I have 3 TVs to choose from. I was trying so hard to read the words to Super Nanny on Friday night... but now I can listen and allow myself to be distracted from the work. Yay. I even tried out the other channels on the box, and do you know what they are?!? Hip hop workout music!! 5 different channels worth?? OMGoodness.... I've never been so excited. Does every gym have these little wonderful extras??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    I haven't read a post from you in a few days. I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.

    How's the gym going?

    ReplyDelete