OKAY people... I just want all ya'll to know that I am gonna DO THIS in 2010!!
I paid in $200 to a pot with my brother (who doesn't need to lose 'that' much) and my sister, (who needs to lose as much as me) and entered into a Biggest Loser contest with them. I know I know, you may be thinking... why does the contest matter?? Why not do it without a contest?? WELL, because... losing $200 is a big deal to me... and even better, gaining a possible $600 is an even bigger deal.
I know most of you don't know this about me, but I don't throw money around. I carefully spend what I have and will save money for a long time waiting to find the perfect item. So to just put out $200 for nothin... is NOT a good thing for me. I really think that this is going to be just the kind of motivation that I need in order to get the ball rolling on this. I reallly reeeeealllly think so. It's 600 bucks, people! And right after Christmas too! So... been preparing mentally for all of the changes I plan to make... I've even been implementing a few of them. Wanted chips late last night after my dinner of raisin bran (don't ask, it was a strange night of running errands and we all had leftovers except me)... but my dh told me not to do it.... and guess what.... yes I hated it, but I didn't do it!! WOO HOO... that is a victory for me! I don't usually tell myself no. :)
Okay, so here's to a healthy 2010~!!!!
Great job on not eating the snack. Is this a contest between just the siblings? Did you actually give in the money or are you holding on to it until a "winner" is declared? Ideas generally only motivate for a certain amount of time... I'm glad to see you posting again and being motivated. Weren't you doing a biggest loser contest at your gym? Is this more motivating than that and why so. We all have a long way to go in this journey! We all need to find ways to make it work! Keep on trying!
ReplyDeleteGreat work... And wonderful idea. My whole family has struggled with weight issues forever and I may suggest this same idea to them when I see them next..
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the amazing results I know you're going to achieve! You can do it!