Thursday, January 14, 2010

Never eat a Costco Turkey Wrap!!

OH MY WORD!!!! I am so disappointed! I ran errands with my 5 children yesterday and a big Costco shopping was the last errand to run. My children were all starving and were pretty good for their appointments, so I took them to the food court when we first got there. They all love to get the hot dogs, but for me I wanted to make a healthier choice. I chose the turkey wrap on a whole wheat tortilla. Sounds good, right?? Turkey, tomato, cheese, lettuce, whole wheat. A BETTER choice, right?! NOT!!! YA KNOW WHAT?? A Costco hot dog has 550 calories.... the huge slice of pizza has 700 calories....BUT A TURKEY WRAP HAS 810 CALORIES!! I CAN.NOT.BELIEVE.IT. What a devastating thing to read today! That's more than the horrible greasy pizza they sell!! That's more than a Big Mac!! WHAT in the world?? NO wonder I didn't see the scale bugde even though I've been working hard and making what I thought were really great food choices. I can't believe I let my little skinny children have 550 calorie hot dogs while I ate a 810 calorie wrap. Sheesh. How very upsetting.

4 comments:

  1. That totally stinks!! I hate when they make healthy food so high in calories. Very frustrating. Sorry that happened :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes 3500 calories to make 1 lb of body fat. Don't beat yourself up too much. 800 calories shouldn't move the scale unless there was a lot of salt (and with lunch meat there usually is) You figure the wrap was probably 200-300 calories, the turkey another 200, the cheese another 100-200 and then whatever dressing/mayo they put on it. It adds up fast that is for sure!! Don't worry. Keep moving forward! (and it was probably a lot more filling that a hot dog or pizza was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Jenny just wanted to let you know I gave you an award over on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..never knew and thnx for letting every1 know.

    ReplyDelete