Friday, January 15, 2010

First Blog Award... 7 things about me

Laura at 100 in 12 gave me this blog award. How sweet of her! Thank you so much!! I just don't quite know what I'm supposed to DO now... but it seems like everyone is sharing 7 things that you may not know about them. Interesting facts, if you will. So, I will do the same. Please tell me if I don't handle this process right... I'm new to this. :)


OKAY. PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON.



1. I have 5 children, on purpose, and will most probably have more, after I get healthy. I would love a few more girls, I only have one. Most people think this makes me insane. No, I'm not insane - it's just that everyone lives for different things in life. Family is our passion. Some people are lawyers and spend 80 hours a week on law in exchange for money. Some are doctors and spend countless hours on all that that entails... in exchange for money. (And the blessings that come from helping others.) I spend my hours teaching, training and molding character into my children, raising them in love. I pour my time into them, and the dividends are priceless. When I'm 57, and my Thanksgiving table is filled with our children, their spouses and my grandchildren, I will be a very rich woman. :D


2. I speak fluent Spanish. Actual fluent. Fluent enough to translate for others. It's fun!


3. I have a college degree, am a licensed hairstylist but make my "play" money from photography that I learned on the Internet for free. I shoot a wedding in a week.


4. I care WAY too much about what others think about me and SO WISH I could just lose this trait of mine!


5. I played clarinet in high school band and was later the drum major... where I met the most awesome first-chair-trumpet-playing-freshman and later married him! Still together after 12 years.


6. I truly believe contentment is a choice. An active choice we make. Each day. Each week. Each moment. It is not conditional on our circumstances, it is a state of the soul.


7. I homeschool. I love it. Yes, it's more work than I could ever imagine... but it's so great at the same time. (the homeschool itself is not that much work, it's getting all of the other housework and cooking done) Without all the filler stuff that's in public school, it takes no time at all. And their SAT test scores are out of this world. I love it. No, our children are not those weird, isolated, socially awkward homeschool types!! They are strong, confident individuals who can hold their own if need be. :)


Well, now you know a little more about me, and about what's important to me in life. :) I hope you'll stick around! :) I included a few family photos from this past fall.... with fat me and all. Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Love the family picture. My oldest son has several very good friends who are homeschooled. They are 17 years old and are not socially awkward one bit. So...good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i already pretty much did, but i TOTALLY love you after reading all of those things! and you and your family are absolutely gorgeous!

    I played clarinet in high school too! and i love that you have a huge family. i come from a verrrrrry small one (just me and the 'rents) and sometimes i am SO envious of families that have a ton of brothers and sisters to spend time with!

    and i too care too much about what others think. blah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, you're an amazing person. Wow! I feel like I know you so much better now.

    What you're doing for your children is incredibly admirable, but it really sounds like you like it too. You've definitely found your niche in this world.

    I think this is going to result in some incredibly well-adjusted, intelligent adults. Time well spent for sure.

    I agree, you definitely need another little girl. You two are outnumbered big time!

    ReplyDelete