
I had to go to a baby shower this evening, or I would have gone to the gym. But I made an effort to get home at a reasonable time so that I could get in some form of exercise. It was 9pm, dusk was upon us, but I got on my shoes and hit the street walking.
I managed to do 20 minutes before it was just too dark for me... that, and my calves were burning. I can't really understand why my calves don't burn when I'm on the elliptical at the gym, or even on the gym's treadmill, but when I walk outside they always do. :o/ Not liking that. Oh well, I'm sure with time I will work up to more minutes before the burn comes. AFTER ALL... just think of the weight they are propelling down the road. Sheesh. Poor things.
Forgive the terrible pic, but I love sharing photos, even terrible ones... they keep me excited.
Hey found you on the blog hop! :) Good for you on getting your walk in. 20 minutes is better than 0!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure why you feel it more when you're outside, could be because of the non-flat surface/different material of what you're walking on, or just working slightly different muscles? Walking on the treadmill absorbs some of the shock as your foot lands, walking on say, concrete, probably won't.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard. Im struggling with the same things- I work all day, when I come home I want to relax not run...
ReplyDelete