Thursday, June 3, 2010

Entering My First Challenge















Excited about taking part in this fun little summer challenge! The challenge is a two month motivation boost for anyone who would like to take part, running from June 6th until Aug 6th. The goals for the challenge include : Encouraging each other, Losing weight, exercise, tracking food, drinking water, getting your 5 a day and cooking your own meals. You can also include any other goals that you desire. Check it out here.


Below are some of my goals for the challenge.



I went to the gym today, and I am really commiting to keeping up the exercise, not just for the challenge, but for myself! I enjoy working out for the most part, but I often don't make time to do it. I'm commiting to it. My goal is to exercise at least 5 days a week. We'll try that. It may be too much, but bring it on!





This one is pretty easy for me, I love water. But I don't always get in as much as I should. I look forward to commiting myself to try harder to get it all in! My goal? Drink 8 - 10 glasses a day.




Lastly, I am really excited to be losing weight! I look forward to encouraging others and being encouraged myself. My goal? Hmmm.... how about lose 20 pounds during the course of the challenge. Yes, my goal is to lose 20 lbs by Aug 6th.
I hope I included everything I was supposed to! Let me know if I forgot anything, other challengers!

4 comments:

  1. You will meet every one of these goals. Twenty pounds by August sounds a little aggressive, however, if you add in some exercise (don't get too crazy on that), and stay with the low carb plan, I have no doubt you can do it. I can't wait. A little success will go a long way in getting you to goal. I'm so happy for you Jenny. Seriously, this sounds like an answer to a prayer. Hang in there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the challenge. What an enthusiastic goal. I'm aiming for 15 pounds myself, but I totally believe you can do it. Especially if you're low-carbing--which I've seen melt pounds off others. (I can't seem to do low-carb, though Lord knows I've given it a shot or two in the past).

    With 5 little ones to run around after, wow, you have got to be one busy--and blessed--lady!

    Good to have you on board. Let's keep ourselves bloggily accountable and get healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the challenge, too! I had already set out to get to under 170 by Labor Day and I think that I'd really like 10 of those pounds to go during this challenge but my main focus for THIS will be the fruits & veggies (especially the veggies!). Can't wait to get to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your goals are definitely do-able! I've lost 14 over the last month, and i'm aiming for 31 more over the challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Hard work and motivation pay off! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete