Monday, June 7, 2010

Great Exercise Today!

Eating was on track today for my low-carb eating plan that I'm following, and I went to the gym too! I felt so tired before going, so I almost didn't go, but I felt great afterward. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, then 10 minutes on the treadmill. Yay! My speed varied, but I was trying to keep it as fast as I could handle. My heart rate was around 135 - 141 ish... I have no idea if that is good, bad or terrible... but that's what it was. Maybe some of you exercise experts can tell me if that is a good range. I'll look it up too after this post.

After the cardio I did a great upper body workout! It was so hard and I really tried to push myself. Hoping to feel sore tomorrow... since in my little mind, that's how I know I made change. Forgot to take a photo with my cellphone today, so here's a stock photo of what I hope my legs will look like someday. =) Blessings! And thank you for all of your encouraging comments!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, Good for you!!!

    I'm no fitness expert, but I can tell you that if you take 220 - your age, you can multiply the number that's left by 60%, 70% and 80% and that will give you a range that you want to keep your heart rate in. I don't think you want to go over 80%. But I could be wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going on the exercise! It's amazing how much better you can feel after, even if you're tired beforehand.

    Your little one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind having nice lean strong legs like that. :) Like Sandra Bullock's legs in SPEED!

    Hurray on going tough on yourself. And I agree: the "good" soreness to me is a sure sign a workout was tough enough to build muscle, not just burn calories. I want both!

    Happy slimming to you!

    ReplyDelete