Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Monday and Tuesday and Heartrate Q.

Monday I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 10 minutes on the treadmill. I ate okay for the most part of the day and then ate some bad snacks in the late evening. :/

Tuesday I ate pretty good and then went to the gym and pushed myself to do more time. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was too tired to do any strength training after that, but I know it's an important part of weight loss.

Something I need to research out, or even ask here is... how important is heartrate? I mean.... according to my machines that I work out on, my weight loss target heart rate is not that high... I mean, I don't feel like I'm going to die when I'm in the 120's. But is that too low? Isn't it true the higher the better? Lol...? When it gets higher, (when I work harder or faster) it becomes more difficult... I am breathing hard, I am feeling fatigued... and all that. But when I keep it in the 120's (like the machine's recommend on the weight loss program), I can go for much longer. So which is better? More time not working as hard, or less time putting more effort in? Thank you if you can offer any input.

1 comment:

  1. I've always read and heard that when you are working out at a low-medium heart rate you are burning fat but when you get in the higher range you are burning sugar. I am not one that likes a high heart rate - it doesn't make me feel good, so I prefer working out for longer at a less intensity.

    Glad we are both back posting!

    ReplyDelete