Monday, July 11, 2011

Walked a mile... AND biked a mile.

Yep, I was serious.

Tracking all my food today. Making good choices. Walked a mile --- which may sound like diddly to most, but it's rough when you're severely out of shape. I rested after 2/3 of the mile for a few minutes... my legs were burning. Then I did the last lap. Yay.

Later, my son encouraged me to ride my bike with him. So I did. After the first lap of our it-takes-three-laps-to-make-a-mile track ... I thought my legs were on fire. There is a slide grade to the track... so for awhile you are riding slightly downhill, and then there is the terrible uphill.... which I have great confidence that someday I shall grow to love. :D Don't get me wrong... the grade is only slight, almost invisible to the eye... but very visible to the quads. Enjoying a crisp apple now. Looking forward to tomorrow's exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Proud of you, girl. Two miles and that's huge. Tracking and that's huge. You motivated me tonight. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete