Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why is it so hard?

I spent the morning reading weight loss blogs. One of my favorite to read is Brooke's blog... I love reading her old posts from beginning this journey. It seems like one day, she just took off! I want that to happen to me! It seems like people struggle, struggle, battle with candy... etc etc... and then one day they just have success and it keeps on going. Not me though... I will have success for a week, and then it seems to fizzle out. :( Grrr. I just need to recommit daily to the steps that I know will get me there. COMMIT to the steps, trust in the motions... walk the walk daily and not stress about how fast it's happening or not happening.

I also need to realize that White Cheddar shells Pasta Roni is not really the heaven that I think it is. That it is not really worth it. It feels so worth it at night... like because it's dark and late that it doesn't really matter. Bad deeds are supposed to happen at night, right? That's when evil goes down... and I'm not doing evil, just eating pasta. It feels right at the time. But. Morning always comes, and with morning comes guilt of the night's dark deeds. :/

Here's to me recommiting to the steps. Trusting in the steps and hoping I can find the great success that Brooke and so many others have found.

3 comments:

  1. Jenny - I hope to be reading more posts from you! I say right now I'm in the groove, but I went months and months out of the groove too!
    You CAN do this!!

    Jodie (biggerthanababyelephant.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I just started following your blog...I love it! I love that you put in your profile that it sucks to exercise when your heavy, I feel the same way! Good luck on your journey, can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just wanted to say hi again. I used to blog way back, and am now getting back to it. I do remember your blog from back then. It is hard! I know exactly what you mean about not being able to be consistent. I am the same way, and that is why I gave up blogging for so long. It is a hard journey! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete